Sometimes the agent in your vSphere environment may get screwed up and have trouble reporting into the vCenter environment. The cleanest method to fix this is to manually re-install the HA agent.
- Right-click on the vSphere host and click on Disconnect to disconnect it from the vCenter Server.
- log in to your vSphere host using SSH client like putty.
- Logon direct to the host via the vSphere client and go to Local Users & Groups and then Users.
- Remove the vpxuser user.
- Remove the vpxa agent from your vSphere host:
chmod +x /opt/vmware/uninstallers/VMware-fdm-uninstall.sh cd /opt/vmware/uninstallers/ ./VMware-fdm-uninstall.sh
- Reconnect your vSphere host in vCenter Server. Will find The vpxauser will be created again automatically and happy days again