Might see this error in vCenter
“The number of vSphere HA heartbeat datastores for this host is 1 which is less than required 2.”
Ideally, you should look to add an additional datastore to stop this error appearing. If however you do not have the hardware available to do this.
You can also stop the error by tuning the host configuration alarm. You can tune the advanced settings of
true, which is configured as
false by default.
- Log in to your vCenter Server using the web client or traditional vsphere client
- Click Hosts and Clusters in the left-hand side column.
- From the left menu, click into Data Center and then click on a cluster you want to change the heart beating datastores.
- In the right side column, click on the Manage tab and then on the Settings tab under it.
- In the Settings tab, click vSphere HA from the Services menu on the left-hand side. It will take you to the vSphere HA Settings column.
- Click on the Edit button on the right-hand side of this column, and a pop-up box will appear.
- Click on Advanced Options and then on the Add button.
- In the Option column, insert the following line, and in the Value column, insert true:
- Click OK to close the Advanced Options.
- Right-click on the vSphere host that is displaying the alarm and choose Reconfigure for vSphere HA.