One commonly overlooked good practice to put in place for your SCO environment is to invoke the use of the Microsoft best practices analyzer which by default is not installed with Orchestrator and is a firm recommendation to help assess the health of your Orchestrator environment.
- First, you’ll need to download and install the Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer (MBCA) on the Orchestrator Management Server.
- Then, you’ll have to download and install the
Once you have this installed and ready, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Scan Orchestrator deployment
- Validate against Microsoft recommendations
- Get an extraction of misconfigurations or missed best practices
Once you finish the scan, you’ll be able to extract a compliance report that comes in an XML export-able format that you can process and import