In vSphere infrastructure storage as you probably know, I/O usage of virtual machines can be controlled by Storage I/O control (SIOC). In event of hitting issues good to enable logging to help resolve issues.
Here’s how to enable SIOC logging from the vSphere client:
- Enter your vSphere web client URL and log in.
- Click Host and Configuration tab.
- From the left-hand side column named Software, click on Advanced Settings.
- In the parameters list, click into the Misc section and select the Misc.SIOControlLogLevel parameter.
- By default, it is set to zero, which means it is disabled. To log everything, set the value to
7in the field and click OK to close the pop-up box.
- You will now be able to see the logs in
Happy troubleshooting 🙂