Had this one recently and was driving me crazy. Basically was looking to optimize logon performance in our xenapp environment and as part of it was slicing and dicing our existing v.large GPO into smaller more logical components. As a result of the slicing and dicing all looked good apart from this strange issue with IE.
If i went into IE and hit google i could type in the search bar and all was ok, only problem was when i went to other sites i couldnt type in the dialog boxes, yahoo,gmail you name it, went back to google and be the same.
This one took me a long time to uncover and in the end the culprit was activex filtering. Unticking
it from Tools | Safety | ActiveX filtering resolved the issue
To set via group policy
Seen this issue recently in the lab whereby any citrix published apps/desktops i looked to launch i could see took around 30 seconds to start launching. Other activities like “refresh apps” took similar lengths of time.
There was a workaround i invoked that was well reported on the web to verify in IE under
Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings and untick “Automatically detect settings” tick box and Ok.
Did log a ticket with citrix regards this and they have released a private hotfix. If you have an enterprise environment and have the above setting ticked might need to go private hotfix route ask to test private hotfix version 14.4.1001.1. Has worked fine for me testing with it last week or so.
Recently came across this citrix discussion article which was v.timely for me as wanted to implement same, turns out with Desktop Director installations that Delivery Controllers get installed as part of it – to cut out the clutter and just install Director the fix is to do following:
install using the command line:
XenDesktopServerSetup.exe /components DESKTOPDIRECTOR
So encountered an issue with upgrading from XenApp 7.8 to 7.9. Install on upgrade of first 7.8 delivery controller to 7.9 goes fine until comes to the “Start the automatic Site upgrade” page. When clicking into it and perform site upgrade get greeted with a lovely:
“An unknown error occurred.
If the problem persists, contact Citrix Support.”
Not too informative i’d suggest – well turns out fix was simple. I was running the upgrade using an account that full administrative privileges on both the Delivery controller server and within the XenApp site itself but not sufficient permissions to the site database. Logging on with an account that had sufficient privileges resolved this issue. Do face a follow-on issue with the license administration console not working within Citrix Studio post upgrade which I will post a resolution for once i have it later. More details:
Recently upgraded to Storefront 3.5 in the lab (3.6 of course already out!) and noticed a strange “looping” behavior being exhibited. When i’d log into my citrix receiver apps page and double-click on any app it would boot me out if i was connected from a published desktop. Behavior wasn’t exhibited if i was just launching from an endpoint direct.
Turns out fix below resolves it