Recently setup a pool of Citrix VDA’s (7.16) to house app-v packages for publication using SMB/Single Admin mode.
On setting up (thought I) followed all the steps outlined in:
but missed a key action on first pass, when launching my app in citrix i would get the “cannot Start <App-name>” message (pretty common and not terribly informational 🙂
Anyways said the key action i did miss was as per above eDoc:
“Tip: After you install the App-V client, with Administrator permissions, run the PowerShell Get-AppvClientConfiguration cmdlet, and ensure that EnablePackageScripts is set to 1. If it is not set to 1, run Set-AppvClientConfiguration -EnablePackageScripts $true.“
Once implemented was all good to go.
Last week got the error enclosed in article sure as eggs in our 6.5 environment. Effect came a week after we had moved to hotfix rollup pack 7 – had done UAT for half a week but wasn’t detected.
Oftentimes be on a screenshare using webex and the desktop toolbar would “get in the way” at the top. As I don’t need it nearly all the time simplest (but it is a dirty method) approach I took to removing was simply to rename its exe CDViewer.exe – located under c:\program files (x86)\citrix
Does the job 🙂
Easy enough this one. If you won’t to get rid of the language bar in your citrix environments. Go into your registry and edit the following key:
Value Name: SeamlessFlags
Value Type: REG_DWORD
Value: 0×40000 (Hex format)
Came across an issue removing some really old citrix clients (version 7.x) in a locked-down environment that was running (ahem) windows vista machines. Had issues upgrading the receivers on the machines.
As these machines had ICA clients using a version that was packaged using installshield they used an EXE file. The method to remove these files was somewhat different than the later MSI method. To remove successfully:
isuninst –f C:\PROGRA~1\Citrix\ICACLI~1\Uninst.isu –c C:\PROGRA~1\Citrix\ICACLI~1\uninstpn.dll –a.
Recently in the lab updated the HTML5 receiver (version 2.3) on my storefront servers. After which hit issues with my connection going “in and out”.
Turns out my patching wasn’t up to scratch. XenApp 6.5 environment and moving hotfix rollup pack 7 (per CTX129229) resolved the issue.
What was instructive was enabling HTML5 logging per https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX217352
What did help me gather from it was it was session reliability-related. Sure enough when I switched it off all worked. Ultimately though did want to leave enabled so updating to latest HRP resolved but the HTML5 logging was very useful on this occasion as reasonably negligible so a good takeway
See plenty of pain on this one in the field. Not quite sure what is going on with chrome as seen as same from my own machine.
Anyways in order to circumvent message below which is what greets you launch simply need to do the following:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” –no-sandbox –disable-infobars –disable-gpu
Editing the shortcut is the simple method. Use shift+right click to edit the one on the taskbar. Sure there is noise in the forums on this but been busy to check what root cause is/ultimate fix but above should get you over the hump for now.