Recently been getting to grips with WEM as part of a proof of concept and run it through its paces as a possible tool to use as part of a Windows 10 project. Pretty good tool so far must say, installation straightforward enough, interface intuitive – looks like it was built by folks who would use it themselves which is always a good sign.
Does take a little bit of looking around to find some of the settings you might be looking for, for me I want to dump the folder redirection settings had in place in our GPO into it. To enable from within the WEM administration console need to click on (as per below pic):
i) On left hand pane Policies and Profiles
ii) Click Microsoft USV Settings
iii) Tick the box beside Process User State Virtualization Configuration
From there the options within the 2 Folder Redirection tabs (1/1 and 2/2) will be available so you can start using them for the usual contenders eg desktop/my documents etc
Last week got the error enclosed in article sure as eggs in our 6.5 environment. Effect came a week after we had moved to hotfix rollup pack 7 – had done UAT for half a week but wasn’t detected.
Oftentimes might face a situation of needing to change your vDisk assignment for your target devices of which there can be many.
In order to do all in one go rather than having to go into each target device and manually modifying each one just carry out the following steps:
Issue – getting error “Error loading icaconfs.dll. The specified procedure could not be found” during installation of receiver 4.3
Seen this occurring sporadically in our environment. Installations would complete but the error would have a knock-on effect –
Users launching apps would see nothing happen. Manually trying to launch .ICA files would have no effect.
Running an SFC scan (sfc /scannow) would show rundll32.dll in the syswow64 folder was missing. If you copied this file from another machine into the folder and re-ran installation issue would go away and you’ll be good.
Just noticed this on the test VDI was working as quite a lot of app-v sequences have dependencies on external powershell scripts.
Noticed on migrating these sequences to Windows 10 had issues with running App-v apps which included sequences that had external powershell scripts that were being called wouldn’t work unless I logged on with a user with administrator privileges. To fix package scripts needs to be enabled.
To enable package scripts you can do one of the following;
powershell command Set-AppvClientConfiguration -EnablePackageScripts 1
change the reg key value to 1 (hex) for HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Scripting\EnablePackageScripts
Needless to say above can add the above key as a group policy preference.
Oftentimes be on a screenshare using webex and the desktop toolbar would “get in the way” at the top. As I don’t need it nearly all the time simplest (but it is a dirty method) approach I took to removing was simply to rename its exe CDViewer.exe – located under c:\program files (x86)\citrix
Does the job 🙂